Position: Laboratory Manager
|| Laboratory Manager
The laboratory manager will lead & manage the laboratory department under the direction of the Director of Ambulatory.
Education/Training/Qualifications: Bachelors of Science degree in Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) preferred with at least 1 year of technical experience in a high complexity laboratory setting. Associate’s degree from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) program with a minimum of two years of experience in a high complexity laboratory setting required. Must be ASCP certified or equivalent.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize a complex laboratory department
- Readily accessible for all laboratory staff to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation during all hours of the day/night
- Intermediate technical knowledge or aptitude for learning Laboratory Information Systems (LIS)
- Demonstrates effective written & verbal communication
- Professionalism in working with all levels within the organization including Medical Providers and Administration
- Possesses the ability to use professional discretion with patient information
- Follow-through and attention to detail
- Knowledge of laboratory charge master preparation
- Knowledge of CLIA regulations required
- Organizes student rotations and facilitates education for the student(s)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for budget preparation, departmental oversite and long-term planning
- Maintains and updates Laboratory Information System.
- Acts as the LIS Administrator.
- Preparation and oversight of the laboratory charge master
- Manage Laboratory staff
- Interviewing & Hiring
- Conduct Performance Reviews
- Oversee & administer staff educati
- Conducts staff competency testing
- Manages progressive disciplinary process, if necessary
- Quality control & quality assurance projects
- Comply with CLIA standards
- Oversee and develops/updates departmental policies and procedures
Applications are now being accepted. Apply online or by picking up an application from Madison Healthcare Services. If you have any questions or are experiencing trouble with the online application please contact Andy Thole at 320-698-7199 ext. 7278