Madison Healthcare Services is a healthcare complex located at 900 Second Avenue in Madison offering a wide variety of services for people of all ages including hospital, clinic, care center, and Hilltop Residence facilities. Our healthcare campus includes a 65-bed skilled nursing facility, a 12-bed critical access hospital, home care services, fully staffed medical clinic, secure 36-unit independent living apartment building, and therapy services provided by Big Stone Therapies.
Schedule: Full-time, 80 hrs/pay period (every two weeks).
Position Summary: This role is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing the organization-wide Infection Control Program, which includes all functions related to infection prevention and control at Madison Healthcare Services. This role will also act as a Clinical Care Coordinator that oversees the continuum of patient care at Madison Healthcare Services.
Infection Control & Prevention
- Identifies, controls and works to prevent outbreaks of infection
- Collects, reviews, analyzes, and submits infection-control data to various groups and regulatory agencies
- Implements, evaluates, and maintains the organization-wide infection prevention and control plan
- Responsible to compile and submit all required reporting with governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Minnesota Department of Health
- Develops, revises, and maintains infection control policies and procedures
- Provides education & training on infection prevention and control to MHS employees and patients
- Investigates suspected outbreaks of infection
- Consults on infection risk assessment, prevention and control strategies
- Serves as a resource for infection prevention and control for all of Madison Healthcare Services
Clinical Care Coordinator
- Effectively manages all aspects of the patient care process, and documents patient care and outcomes.
- Functions as the nursing liaison with physicians, other multidisciplinary team members, and community agencies/resources. Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary care team to facilitate achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- Participates in regularly scheduled team conferences, as required, and collaborates with related health care providers in treatment, discharge planning and the provision of patients’ care.
- Serves as a resource for staff, to include the provision of information concerning evidenced based practice for procedures and other patient care developments.
- Prepares and maintains reports concerning operations, as requested.
- Assists in resolving interdepartmental / intradepartmental clinical problems and/or patient concerns, and leads identified performance improvement initiatives for the unit (chart reviews, PI initiatives, etc).
- Assists the Clinic Manager & Hospital Director of Nursing with coordinating patient care conferences, etc.,
- Ensures timely completion of monitors / logs for quality and performance improvement monitoring.
- Manages other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current & unrestricted Minnesota RN License
- Previous Infection Control & Prevention and/or care coordination experience preferred
- Knowledge of current principles and techniques of nursing practice
- Ability to function as a team leader, to accept individual responsibility and accountability for decisions and outcomes
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, employees and physicians
- Recognizes the legal limits of nursing practice
- Maintains professional competency through continuing education and independent study
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public
- Ability to manage time effectively
Benefits available include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic & Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Matching Retirement Plan, Generous discounts on health services, Tuition assistance, etc.
Madison Healthcare Services is an equal opportunity provider and employer who supports equality for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.