Position: Home Health Manager
|| Home Health Manager
Position Summary: The Home Health manager is a position of clinical leadership with direct oversight of a team of talented clinicians who are committed to delivering quality patient care. Your passion, dedication and drive will help impact the lives of not only your staff, but also the lives of the patients and families who are in our care. Must be a self-starter, organized, responsive and compassionate leader with a valid MN Registered Nursing license.
- Knowledge of current principles and techniques of nursing practice
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent of education/experience with a valid MN Nursing License
- Serve as a resource for clinical staff supervising day-to-day clinical and office operations and the ability to function as a team leader
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured and in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order
- Ability to travel to all business locations
- Demonstrates excellent observation and nursing judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ensure clinical care and support business functions are compliant with federal, state, and local regulations
Experience: Experience in Home Care field, financial budgeting, and management highly desired
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures compliance with organizational policies/procedures.
- Monitors performance and evaluates structures, systems, and processes in areas of nursing responsibility; ensures for adequate numbers of nursing staff to meet patients’ needs; understands and represents nursing interests and concerns in discussions and decisions related to patients’ care.
- Develops, accomplishes, and evaluates, with input from direct reports, the area/service goals, objectives, and strategies aligned with organizational Vision, Strategic and Financial plans.
- Manages Home Health Staff
- Interviewing & Hiring
- Conduct performance reviews
- Oversee and administer staff education
- Manages progressive disciplinary process, if necessary
- Develop and maintain systems and processes to support quality, risk management, safety and infection control within service areas.
- Ensures patient/resident needs and requirements are addressed in employees’ daily activities and responds to customer concerns or complaints.
- Defines, monitors, and manages cost control, productivity improvement, and maximization of net revenues within the division operating within the budget
- Adheres to MHS policies and practices including:
- Demonstrates interest in and commitment to assuring service excellence.
- Demonstrates teamwork.
- Exhibits a positive attitude.
- Participates in activities directed toward evaluating and improving service area functions.
- Maintains a good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Assumes responsibility for enhancing personal and professional development.
- Performs other nursing related duties as assigned.
Applications are now being accepted. Apply online or by picking up an application from Madison Healthcare Services. If you have any questions or are experiencing trouble with the online application please contact Andy Thole at 320-698-7199 ext. 7278