Madison Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Clinical Care/MDS Coordinator to join our Care Center team. Our Clinical Care/MDS Coordinators are responsible for assessing the comprehensive needs of each of our residents to develop an appropriate plan of care. This involves comprehensive assessments, care conferences, written plans of care, CAA’s, and Case Mix scoring.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates and implements the nursing plan of care for assigned residents for all shifts.
- Coordinates the MDS process which includes completing the MDS assessments and ensuring all sections are completed timely & thoroughly.
- Directs & supervises the admission and discharge of residents.
- Stays updated on current payment issues, interpretations and RAI/MDS updates; receives and shares information.
- Serves as the main point of contact & proactively communicates with family members concerning any changes in resident conditions.
- Ensures care plan is implemented and evaluates effectiveness of plan regularly.
- Assist CNA’s and LPN/RN’s on the floor as needed. This could include weekends and holidays, depending on staffing levels.
- Keeps providers informed of resident conditions & effectiveness of medications used.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Care Center Team.
- Expectation to serve on QA/QI sub-committee or task forces.
- Active & integral participant of the MDH State Survey Process.
- Uses the EMR accurately & efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current Registered Nurse Licensure by the Minnesota Board of Nursing or have State Border recognition through the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Long term care experience preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- Ability to organize, plan, implement, supervise, direct, and evaluate nursing activities independently.
- Persons who have been found guilty of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Demonstrates excellence in clinical skills and understanding of the Nursing process.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts as needed to ensure 24 hour nursing needs are met.
- Must have computer skills, including, but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with electronic health records a plus.
Benefits include Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, Short-term Disability, Flex, and Retirement.
To apply online, please click the link below. Applications are also available online to print and fill out or you can pick up an application at the main Nursing Home entrance. If you are having an issue completing the online application, please give Kelly Johnson a call at (320) 698-7170.
Madison Healthcare Services is an equal opportunity provider and employer who supports equality for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.